Tim Leatherman has a story to tell about his famous company. Hi company is not very old, but it’s very famous world-wide. His story starts with necessity being the mother of invention. While on vacation, he had his scout knife, but he really needed a pair of pliers time after time. So in 1983 he invented a special pair of pliers that also had other tools built into the handle. It was called the PST, and debuted in Cabela’s that year. This tool had no competition at the time, so Tim patented its design. Today, in 2021, engraved Leatherman tools can be found in many tool boxes, cars, trucks, boats, and workshops everywhere. Here’s an early prototype that is on display at the factory in Portland Oregon.
If your boss has given you the task to find the perfect engraved Leatherman tools for the shop’s safety program, where do you start? These 5 steps will help you:
- Ask the employees if they would like the full size tool (about 4″ closed), or one of the pocket sized tools (about 2 1/2″ closed).
- Are scissors necessary? Some of the tools have them. Some don’t.
- Are knife blades necessary? If blades are not wanted, Leatherman has a tool for you.
- Are pliers necessary? Some of the tools eliminate the pliers, to make more room for other tools.
- Are carrying pouches needed? Some of the Leatherman tools come with leather pouches, and some with nylon pouches. And the mini tools don’t need any pouches at all.
These tips should help you get started on your project. If you have more questions, you can contact an online distributor of knives and tools.
Here are 5 good reasons.
- When used as safety awards, engraved Leatherman tools motivate your employees to use safe work habits.
- When used as service awards, they help your employees to give you more years of service.
- Your employees need pliers, knives, files, and screw drivers all the time at home and in their vehicles.
- Your workforce will appreciate your generosity and will feel like they are part of your “team”.
- Your laser engraved company logo will last forever.
Do you need engraved Leatherman tools for a promotion for your company? Here are a few guidelines to make your promotion a success.
- Get an eps file for your logo. The engraver will need this, for a neat imprint.
- Get an accurate count of how many tools you will need, then add a few, in case more recipients pop up later.
- Don’t wait till the last minute. Production time can be 7-10 business days after you approve a proof. Rush production is sometimes available.
- Find the best Leatherman engraver online. Get one that responds quickly to your emails or phone calls. Also, find a website that is neat and easy to navigate and order from.
- Place your order, and pay by credit card. Most people do it this way because of the convenience, safety, and protection from a bad merchant.
- Make plans on how you will distribute the Leatherman tools. Possibly design a flyer or email to announce your promotion.
- When they arrive, pass out your engraved Leatherman tools in person or at a meeting or party designed around your promotion.
- Your workforce will be so happy that you came up with this wonderful idea.
With golf season upon us, many tournaments are being planned. If you want to
advertise your company at a golf tournament, here are reasons why you should give engraved Gerber Knives as gifts.
- They are designed by an American company.
- They can be used by men and women.
- They last many years.
- They are appreciated by all golfers.
- They are necessary tools for cutting and opening.
- Your logo will last many years on engraved Gerber Knives.
These 2 Engraved Leatherman Tools are either in my pocket, clipped to my pocket, or nearby.
Leatherman Wingman LM37. This all-purpose tool appeals to me mainly because it
has spring-action scissors and a safe blister package opener. Not only that, it has all these other tools built into one compact package:
Spring-action Needle nose Pliers
Spring-action Regular Pliers
Spring-action Wire Cutters
420HC Combo Knife
Ruler (1.5 in / 3.8 cm)
I do keep a Wingman on each of my vehicles, plus one in the office, one in my boat, and one in my shed. I don’t usually work on my vehicles, but I do spend a lot of time fixing and enjoying my motor boat. This tool saves me from loading 10 pounds of extra repair tools onto my floating oasis.
Leatherman Style CS LM36. When traveling light, and when I’m all dressed up, I usually keep this smaller tool in my pocket. The useful features are a spring-loaded scissors, super
sharp knife, nail file with a screw driver end (for small flathead screws and phillips screws), tweezers (for removing splinters), a bottle opener, and a carabiner clip. That’s a lot of capability for a tool that weighs only 1.4 ounces.
A long-lasting tool will show off your company logo for a long time.
- Engraved Leatherman tools are made in the USA
- They are useful, and are the best all-around tool for emergencies.
- Everyone appreciates receiving a genuine Leatherman® tool.
- You will be the hero of your company, the Santa Claus of your workforce.
These 3 Engraved Leatherman Tools are ordered repeatedly. Once you try one, you’ll love it. You will want to share it with all your employees and customers. Why are they so popular? Because they are:
- Made in the USA.
- Expertly laser engraved with your corporate logo in the USA.
- So strong that they can last forever.
- Warranted for 25 years.
- A household name around the world.
- Appreciated by everyone who is lucky enough to receive one.
- Useful as an emergency “toolbox” for many jobs.
- Are you a plant manager, or owner?
- Do you have a long list of unhappy employees?
- Would you like to turn those frowns into smiles?
Here is a plan of action:
- Find your company logo. Vector art is the best art (.ai or .eps)
- Contact an online knife engraving company that can laser engrave your logo.
- Order Engraved Leatherman Tools, enough for every employee.
- Schedule a picnic or banquet, or awards program.
- Give a Leatherman with your logo to each employee.
- Watch those frowns turn into smiles!
This Engraved Leatherman Tool is so useful, that I personally can’t live without.
The Wingman (LM37) is a great set of pliers. It has wire cutter, bottle
opener, can opener, and many other function. The one tool that is a personal necessity for me is the Package Opener. It easily opens those “plastic clamshell” packages that are a problem to open. These are the clear packages that show the product, but don’t let you get to it without a fight. The Package Opener safely and quickly opens those things. It’s safe, because it is designed like a little hook. You don’t push it, you pull it along the edge of the “bubble” area of the packaging.