Do you give pocket knives with your logo to your clients?
- Do your clients appreciate your gift?
- Does this form of advertising help?
- How do you know that company logo knives pay off?
The first 2 questions are easy to answer, but the last 2 can leave you scratching your head. Any form of advertising has to address these questions:
- Will it be cost effective?
- How will I know the advertising campaign worked?
- Will the campaign have long-lasting rewards?
- Will the campaign show my company in the image that I want it to show?
- Is the success of the advertising campaign “measurable”?
A $50 pocket stainless steel pocket knife with your corporate logo laser engraved will be a good investment. But only if it is cost effective. If that knife brings you an order worth $5,000 or $1,000,000, it is well worth its cost. So quality company logo knives aren’t for a business that gets a lot of small orders.
How will you know it worked? How does Procter and Gamble know that their 30 second commercial last Tuesday worked? You can only guess that all advertising has a cumulative effect on your customer base. There are ways to track effectiveness. We can explore these methods in another post.
Will a gift knife have long-lasting rewards? You bet! So do it now, and not just before you retire.
Image: Choose the style of knife that reflects your company’s image.
Measurable results of this type of advertising: A great topic for next time.