This is America’s favorite knife. Every man wants a barlow.
Barlow Knives are popular and loved world-wide since the 1600’s. Since there is a shortage of information on them, let me fill you in.
- Barlow is a Style of pocket knife, not a company.
- Many companies, in the USA and around the world make the Barlow style of knife.
- The quality varies from knife to knife, since they are made by many different companies.
- There is no one guarantee on a Barlow knife, since they are made by different factories. Each manufacturer sets their own warranty policy.
- Barlow knives come in a wide range of prices.
- Barlow knives come in a variety of handle (scale) material.
- They have 1 or 2 blades.
- They may have a lockback mechanism for safety, but most of them don’t.
- They all have a subtle teardrop shape, to fit in your palm comfortably.
- They all have a large metal bolster to add rigidity to the handle. It is usually nickel plated.