Gift Pocket Knives are usually laser engraved by professionals. There’s a good reason for this. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. There are several settings that a pro has to make, so the resulting engraved pocket knives are permanently and safely marked with your company logo.
- The pro cleans the knife blade so there is no possibility of a contaminant interfering with the process.
- The knife is placed in a special holder, so that the blade will be in the right position in the laser machine.
- The door is closed, and the attached computer is adjusted to these settings: Intensity, speed of the engraving, PPI (or dots per inch), depth of the penetration, and number of passes.
- If the settings aren’t right, the imprint might be too light, or melted together.
- Sometimes a special chemical is sprayed on the blade, to make the imprint darker looking.
- Different grades of steel require different settings. Some types of steel are not conducive to this type of marking, so it can’t be done.
- It is obvious that this type of logo marking should be left to the professionals.