When a potential customer asks about engraved Buck knives, they will definitely ask some of these questions:
- How soon can we have them? Production time is usually 10 business days after proof approval. If you need them for an event sooner than that, we might be able to meet your deadline. You might have to use UPS 2 day, or UPS next day air for the delivery method.
- What kind of art file do you need? Vector art is the best art. Examples are .ai and .eps files. Please convert all text to curves. Your artist would know what that means. Other types of files may work, and we can convert them for a small fee.
- Is laser engraving permanent? Laser burns your image into the substrate. The image cannot be scratched off or wear off. It is definitely permanent.
- Can you imprint our color logo? Sorry, laser cannot do colors. However, if the substrate is anodized aluminum, the laser will burn down through the surface color and expose the metal color.
- How much of a down payment do you need? Normally 100%, since this is a custom order. You may apply for an open account with us, and pay by check when the order is done. Acceptance of an open account may take a week or two, depending on the references that you give.
- Do you take credit cards? Absolutely. We take all major credit cards.
- Can we see a sample before you put our order into production? There are two kinds of samples. A virtual sample can be emailed to you for your approval. There is no charge for this. If you want to hold an engraved Buck knife in your hand, that has your imprint, that is called a speculation sample (or spec sample). They are not free. They normally cost the price of the knife, setup charge, shipping, and $50.