If your busy boss asks you to order some company logo knives to pass out at Christmas time, where do you start? Here is a helpful guide.
- Decide on the quantity. Does each shop employee get one? What about the office employees? What about any subcontractors? What about the boss’s friends and relatives?
- Determine the price of each knife.
- Find a reputable online knife engraver.
- Phone them to get some ideas. Knife merchants can be very helpful to solve your project objectives.
- Furnish your best art file of your logo. Vector art (.ai or .eps) is the best art file for laser engraving onto knives.
- Decide if you want to add a line of text somewhere on the knives. “Merry Christmas 2020”, “Thanks for 2020”, “Employee Appreciation Award 2020”, or some other appropriate tag line for your project.
- Ask for a virtual proof, so you can show your boss, and get his approval. This is a step that he personally must be part of. Don’t try to guess what he would like.
- Pay for the order, and ask for a ship date, so you can tell your boss when he can expect the knives.