The first Wednesday in June in the USA is National Running Day. It calls
attention to a hobby that has gained popularity over the last 20 years. People have become very health conscious lately. “60 is the new 40”. In the last century a 60 year old man looked 60 years old. Now he looks about 40, because of the new attitude toward health. Every weekend in the summer has a race somewhere near you. Participants don’t mind paying $20 to $75 to run in a group and get some swag. You don’t have to finish in the top three to get cash or a prize. You just have to be in the top 3 in your age bracket and sex bracket. Since there are many age brackets, for both men and women, there are many category winners.
How can you celebrate this day?
- Sign up to run or walk in a race. Many races have those two options.
- Support a runner or walker.
- Sponsor someone to race, if that is an option.
- Take a short video of your favorite runner crossing the finish line, then pan over to the clock, to show their time.
- Give engraved pocket knives with your company logo to the winners, or to all the participants. They will never forget you.